Mary Elizabeth Smith
Mary’s parents are Winfield Kenneth Smith (known as Ken) and Grace Elizabeth Pfeiffer. (See photos below.)
Mary’s first husband was Edgar Thomas Hawkins (known as Ted). They are the parents of two children: Tonya Gayle Hawkins and Marjorie Hawkins.
Mary’s second husband is Lynn Thomas Richman. Mary and Lynn are the parents of five children: Julie Ann Richman, Jennifer Lynn Richman, Becky Lynn Richman, David Thomas Richman, and Elizabeth Ann Richman.
Watch family videos on the Richman Family YouTube Channel.
Lynn & Mary
In 1972, after Lynn married Mary, the whole family went to Hawaii. The attached itineray shows travel for August 17-28 for Mr. and Mrs. L. Richman and family.
Lynn & Mary Richman Family Portraits
Links to Children
See the page for Tonya Gayle Hawkins
See the page for Marjorie Hawkins.
See the page for Julie Ann Richman
See the page for Jennifer Lynn Richman
See the page for Becky Lynn Richman
Graduation 1995. See the page for David Thomas Richman
See the page for Elizabeth Ann Richman
Winfield Kenneth Smith (13 Sep 1900-27 Mar 1988; known as Ken) and Grace Elizabeth Pfeiffer (1911-2003)
Winfield Kenneth Smith (FamilySearch ID KLLF-4Z4) and Grace Elizabeth Pfeiffer
(FamilySearch ID 27WR-GKT) are the parents of Mary Elizabeth Smith.
Frances Marion (Frank) Funk Smith [also known as Charles Henry Smith] (1870-1938)
FamilySearch ID LHXJ-XVT
When Frances Marion (Frank) Funk came west, he took his younger brother’s name Charles and changed his last name to Smith. Thereafter, he was known as Charles Henry Smith. He is the father of Winfield Kenneth Smith.
George Washington Pfeiffer (1884-1944) and Elizabeth Combs (1887-1974)
Grace Elizabeth Pfeiffer’s parents are George Washington Pfeiffer and Elizabeth Combs.
Below are the parents of George Washington Pfeiffer (1884-1944): William James Pfeiffer (1859-1886) and Irene C. Morris (1862-1893). They were married 11 August 1881.
William Calhoun Combs (1852-1931) and Lucretia Melissa Miller (1859-1923)
William Calhoun Combs and Lucretia Melissa Miller are the parents of Elizabeth Combs.
Additional Family Documents
- Writings of Ken Smith
- Newspaper article in the Pocatello Telegraph newspaper, 4 July 1930, by Carl Gregory. About J. H. Vaughn, Confederate and pioneer (born 9 July 1846 in Clinton Co, Mo), friend of Cody and James, living at Blackfoot. He served with the Confederates at 15 years of age, running away from home and spending time with the James Boys (Jesse and Frank), William Quantrell (the famous outlaw), and knowing Buffalo Bill and Jim Bridger.
- Letter from Mrs. Charles Smith to Grace Smith, dated 31 May 1947
- Letter from Madeleine Smith to Ken Smith, dated 19 Feb 1948 about the family farm.
- Letter from Chas Funk to Mary Smith Richman, dated 24 Oct 1972
- Letter from Chas Funk to Mary Smith Richman, dated 13 Nov 1972
- Letter from Chas Funk to Mary Smith Richman, dated 14 Mar 1973 (see
photo of letter fastened with safety pin)
- Jim & Carol Donnelly history book with information about the Smith family